Monday, July 5, 2010

He Speaks Tenderly

"What can I offer the Lord for all he has done for me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord's name for saving me." Psalm 116: 12-13
"...God causes everything to work together for the good for those who love god and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28
Many years of captivity....
Living in the pit
of mud and mire.
Wondering if the chains would fall...
Not knowing exactly what was locking them on
and holding me back.
BUT GOD had different plans...
What the enemy meant to destroy,
He used for good.
All of the years that seemed wasted away...
look different today...
God had a plan bigger and better.
God took all of the gunk, dirt, and darkness...
and washed it away by the blood of His son...
Clean and white....light
As I wonder what to offer this God who so lovingly picked me up....
I watch Him lead me to paths that I didn't know where there.
He opened up the doors.
Gave me strength.
He gave me courage.
To rise above and put one foot in front of the other...
To walk.
To stand.
To see things through His eyes....to see me through His eyes.
His deepest desire is for YOU to know He loves you. That you are loved and valuable.
That everything behind you....it will be used for good...for those who love him.
I know you love Him.
Don't look behind...but only forward to the GOOD...the good He has waiting for you.
And we offer back the only thing we can...thanks, praise, worship and love.
mud and mire...to solid ground.
"But then I will win her back once again.
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her there.
I will return her vineyards to her
and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope
She will give herself to me there
as she did long ago when she was young,
when I freed her from captivity in Egypt." Hosea 2:14-15
RETURN...TRANSFORM...FREED.
A good place to be.
Love Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment