Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just Remain Calm

I have a confession.

I am not good at higher level math. I was an A student all through elementary and middle school. In high school when I hit Algebra, things turned around. I did well for the first half of Algebra, but after that it was difficult...I hit a wall. I did not get it. The formulas stumped me. When I was in school (way back in the day)...we only had to take two years of math in order to graduate. I took Algebra and Geometry and barely made it through. In college I ended up getting a tutor which was my saving grace.

When I was a teacher in Kindergarten to 3rd grade...one of my favorite subjects to teach was math...because I vowed to make it fun and interesting for each student.

Now...I am 44...and I have to take a math class...Statistics...I didn't take it in my undergrad work and now here I am in math...and online...teaching myself. Last night I spent 4 hours on two problems because I was determined to not quit until I got them right.

Here is my real confession....I cried...I tossed my pencil...I laid on my bed and cried. I was up until 1:30 am...and I still didn't get the right answer. I acted like an immature adolescent...please Lord forgive me. And please Lord help me at least get a C so I can focus on my real goal...which is not math! Okay...there is my confession...thank you for listening!!!

This morning God brought me to Exodus 14:14 "The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm." Just stay calm...that is his command to me and his promise is he himself will fight for me. My job is to stay calm...his is to fight. That is so comforting. The stressful beat of my heart begins to calm as I read those words. Just stay calm...

Just stay calm.

God will do the fighting.

In Exodus 13 God mentions the following three scriptures:
v3 "Today the Lord has brought you out by the power of his mighty hand."
v9 "With a strong hand, the Lord rescued you from Egypt."
v14 "With the power of his mighty hand."

Reading those scriptures reminds me of God's strength and his promise to us. He is mighty and strong. We know that God wants us to get this concept when he speaks it out three times in one chapter...this is something to take note of. Remember His mighty hand. Remember his strength.

God will do the fighting.

We just have to remain calm.

How can I pray for you today?

In Love,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment