Sunday, November 6, 2011

New Pastor Coming Today

I am getting ready to head of to church this morning. The morning sun is out and the frost on the ground is glistening. The sun makes the fall red of the leaves on the trees lining our yard even more colorful than they were yesterday. When I opened the door to let the cat in, the cold air rushed in and reminded me of the temperature outside. I bundle up in a cardigan and a scarf. I put my warm boots on. My son on the other hand has a short sleeve shirt and shorts on...his normal attire for any day of the week...any weather...any season!

Today at church our new pastor will be speaking for the first time. Our little church with a handful of people will meet him. I am sure he is just as nervous as the people who are anticipating his arrival. Our church has gone through many changes over the last 6 months...we have lost our children's pastor, worship leader, youth pastors and most recently our pastors. Many people have left out of worry or fear of the unknown...some have stayed. The building is old...but the Lord is bringing fresh new life in to the church. Not just through a person..a pastor...but through the Lord's presence. Last week the stage was cleared off of all the clutter...just the mic and the music stand...the church was quiet...the worship leader who has been standing in for us was sick so our asst pastor stepped in. It was his first time leading worship. He stood up there alone with his guitar. He forgot to turn the sound on for the mic and no one told him. The Lord showed me this beautiful picture of the stripping away of the old...the bringing in of the new...no clutter, no extra hoopla, no loud popular music...just His voice...just His presence...we had to take the time to listen, to hear, to follow along, to really hear the words that were being spoken...God is all for new..he is all for bringing new life to those who feel lost or dead or tired.

Today, I will drive the half hour to church in anticipation, not for the "new pastor" but for His new life that will be brought to a church that is in need of a fresh beginning. I pray that God will speak words of wisdom to our new pastor who as a leader in our church will facilitate this new life...he will lead and shepherd God's people. I pray for this church that seems to be dead for life to be poured in like a pitcher of fresh cool water pouring in to a clean tall glass.

Off I go...to meet with God...in a small building...filled with His love.

Blessings,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment