Sunday, January 24, 2010

On my Heart

I am not really sure where I am going to go with this post...but tonight my heart is breaking for so many people. It breaks for people I don't know and others that I do know. I feel like I need to do something and I don't know what it is that God wants me to do. I feel this sense of urgency that I can't deny. There is so much need out there...poverty of the heart and poverty of finances. There are hurting people believing there is no hope. There are girls out there hurting themselves through cutting, eating disorders, and other destructive behaviors. People need hope. People need to know they are loved.

I went to work each morning last week...came home in the late afternoon....took care of my family...and got ready for the next day. Is that what God wants me to do...I know I need to provide for my family...but I can't just do only that...I know that there is more for me to do...

Acts 26:16 -18 NLT "Now get up to your feet! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and witness. You are to tell the world what you have seen and what I will show you in the future. And I will rescue you from both your own people and the Gentiles. Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God's people, who are set a part by faith in me."

I want to do more for Him.

So tonight I pray for all the hurting people who feel no hope. I pray for those who feel alone. I pray for those who are in the midst of destructive behavior. I pray for someone to come in and love on them. I pray for direction so that I can be used by you...Thank you Jesus for already knowing the needs out there...direct me to where you want me to serve.

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. I just read this this morning after I sent you an email.....God was preparing you already for it...
    Love you

    ReplyDelete