Friday, January 29, 2010

How Does God Want Me to Witness?

After working full time for two weeks and not finding time or having the energy to blog I am back! At the end of each day I really wanted to log on and write a message, but I had no energy left in me after spending 7 1/2 hours with 1st graders and then taking care of my own kiddos and house! The job was a HUGE blessing and I had a blast! The teacher I was teaching for is great and she is so organized it was easy to just jump right in and get the job done.

Tonight I have a house that needs some help...a huge pile of laundry and dishes to do...and I am trying to find the motivation to get them done! They are staring me down so I am sure they will win over soon and I will tackle them before I go to bed.

This week I have really struggled with the fact that there are so many people who are hurting and need not just encouragement but hope as well. I struggle because I want to do something and I know God has a plan for me in it some how. I just can't see what it is yet. So my heart and my emotions are really taking over my ability to just be still and wait on the Lord. Just this week I heard from a friend who has a fifth grade daughter. Her daughter's friend is cutting and showed it to her friends. My friend sent me a text me and asked me what she should do. I got another email about a girl who is immersed in an eating disorder. Another mom was asking me to pray for her daughter who is struggling with forgiving herself over a sin that she repented for. And then at my girl's group there is a girl whose attitude about others is just really wearing me out. But I know her family life is hard and it breaks my heart. That was just this week.

I don't know what to do...except pray...and I know that is what God often leads me to. He asks me to be an intercessor for others. Maybe that is my only job to do. Maybe that is what I am called to do here. But my flesh or something is just wanting to do more. I struggled this week as I worked and didn't have the energy to do anything else other than my job and take care of my family. I struggled because I want to do more.

All of this week my devotions (I definitely found time for this!) led me to one theme. And that is to be a witness.

Acts 1:11 "Men of Galilee," they said, 'why are you standing here staring in to heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!" The question "Why are you standing there staring in to heaven?" struck a cord in my heart. God doesn't want us to just stand here and wait...he wants us to go and witness and be ready for His return.

"God raised Jesus from the dead, and we are all witnesses of this" Acts 2:32

"And we are all witnesses of this fact!" Acts 3:15

"Then they preached the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31

"We are witnesses..." Acts 5:32

I think that is all I have tonight! I can't really get the words out that really express my concern right now. (And I am doing a bad writing thing...and I am not proof reading this...sorry!)

Praying for all of the requests that I had this week...praying for Jesus to cover them with His love and that they recognize it.

2 more days without makeup and coffee!

Love, Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Blessings on you and your journey. God knows and honors your heart and your desire to be His witness. I'll pray for clarity on the details. Much love to you!!

    ReplyDelete