Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My God Sized Dream(s)

GOD Sized Dreams
Dream God-sized Dreams
I am reading "Do What You Can" Plan 21 Days to Making Any Area of Your Life Better (an EBook) by Holly Gerth.  This book is about understanding your God Sized Dreams and taking one step at a time to work towards those dreams.

Today's post is to share my God Sized Dream(s).  My dream is to work full time with the non profit I founded (What Is Beautiful) so that with God I can encourage and minister to women that are held captive by their past, seek their identity in destructive areas, and desire restoration for their lives. Part of my God Sized Dream is to finish my book, create a small group, lead a book study, and whatever doors God opens the doors to.

This all seems so big to me and I can get overwhelmed, causing me stop dead in my tracks...not doing anything at all.  I begin to think of my age...46...I think I am too old and by the time things fall in to place it will be too late.  I begin to think I waited to long.  I begin to think that no one will care what I have to say.  I begin to get discouraged and then I don't do anything at all.  My book stays in the the file folder.  The edits stay on the paper. 

God doesn't see things the way I do.  I see limits.  God sees His plan.  I think it's too late.  God says it is never too late.  I see walls in front of me.  God sees open doors.  I see the impossible.  With God all things are possible. 

Holly Gerth says "do the next thing".  

Take action.

Do something small.

Then do that again and again and again...one thing at a time. 

"God-sized dreams aren't really about size at all they are about embracing and pursuing the desires God has placed within your heart that perfectly fit who you are."  Holly Gerth  

So as 2013 begins, I lay my God sized dream out there...

Launch What Is Beautiful to reach the lost through encouragement and sharing my story of restoration.  Part of that dream is to finish the book I have started.  My dream is to do work in this ministry full time.

So there it is...my God sized dream.

Step one.  Finish edits on chapter 2.  
Step two.  Share chapters one and two with 2 people for editing.
Step three.  Share my God sized dream and ask for prayer and mentoring.

Blessings,
Teresa




No comments:

Post a Comment