Friday, March 11, 2011

Beth Moore and She Speaks Conference

Today I am heading off to be at the Beth Moore conference at the Tacoma Dome. I am looking forward to hearing the Word of God and come home with a fresh and renewed spirit. I don't get to go to things like this very often...well actually it has been 10 years since I went to a conference like this...and it was Beth Moore!

Today is also the end of one of my classes. One more done...2 more start up in a week. I have a week to work on my book and What Is Beautiful. Things are happening...slowly...but happening. I have to remember that my timing is not God's timing and I am learning to trust in Him and not rely on my own speed! I want to walk fast....the Lord wants me to slow down and follow Him.

Yesterday I started a facebook page for What Is Beautiful. If you are on facebook you can search for it...

My goal is to write here more....I might start sharing very unedited versions of my book with you all and you can tell me what you think!

I wanted to share about a great conference that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to....it is the She Speaks conference. Proverbs 31 (P31) ministries sponsors this event that I have heard is GREAT. This conference has three tracks. One is for writer's, another for those wanting to speak and the last for those being called in to leadership. There is a scholarship offer right now going on and I would love to receive it.

I know that God is calling me to speak out my testimony sharing the freedom that I have received. I know God is calling me to write to put words to the story of my slavery and the amazing journey to freedom. I don't even know what track I would choose....writing or speaking....God is calling me to both!

I would love to go for so many reasons but the following are are few:
1. be around other women who have the same passion
2. learning from the wisdom of those who are already speaking and writing
3. having the chance to be surrounded by lover's of Christ
4. having time to focus on the calling God has placed in my life
5. talking to people my close to my own age (I love my kids soooo much...but there is just something about a conversation with women your own age!)
6. not having to cook
7. being filled with God's truth

I could list so many more...

For more information on this conference go to the following site:
http://shespeaksconference.com/

Okay...I am off to make sure my kids at least get some math in before they head off to Grandma's house for the day and night so I can go off to Beth Moore. I will write about it when I get home!

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment